With OS 4.0 you can add a background and standby image just like you can do with your computer. If you have upgraded to the latest OS you may have seen the Pictures program where you can save pictures, well you are able to set those pictures as a wall paper or stand by image. There are two ways to get images to your Blackberry, you can either use your Blackberry browser to download the image or email the image to yourself if you are on a BES 4.0 server. Before adding images you need to know that there are size limits and optimal dimensions for the pictures. Size of an image should be kept around 20-30kb or less and dimensions at 240×122 or 240×202 depending on your model. Read the instructions below to see how …
With your Blackberry Browser:
1. Optimize the picture for the Blackberry.
2. Point Blackberry browser to the image URL.
3. Wheel-click –> Save Image –> Save.
4. Exit to Main Screen.
5. Go to Pictures –> Wheel-click –> Set As Home Screen Image or Set As Standby Image.
6. Back to Home Screen and should see logo.
Sending through Email:
1. Send an email to your Blackberry with the picture attached.
2. Highlight â€œ[1 attachment]â€ –> Wheel-Click ïƒ Open Attachment ïƒ Full Content ïƒ View ïƒ Save.
3. Exit to Main Screen.
4. Go to Pictures –> Wheel-click –> Set As Home Screen Image or Set As Standby Image.
5. Back to Home Screen and should see logo.