Gmail is Google’s web based email service that has been revolutionizing free email. A few things make it superior to Microsoft’s Hotmail, including 1 gig of storage, better user interface, and the ability to set your gmail account as POP. Setting your gmail as a POP accounts means that you can start receiving your emails in Outlook, Thunderbird, or to your Blackberry. Below we outlined the steps to start getting your gmail email on your Blackberry according to Google’s instructions.
Part A) Setting up Gmail For Pop.
1) First you need a gmail account, right now you can’t sign up you will need to be invited by a friend to try out gmail.
2) Log in to your account and go to Settings –> Forwarding and Pop –> Enable POP –> Save Changes.
Part B) Setting up your Blackberry.
1) Log in to your BlackBerry Web Client account.
2) Click ‘Profile’ along the top of the ‘Home Page.’
3) Click ‘other email accounts’ in the ‘Email Accounts’ section of your profile.
4) Click ‘Add Account.’
5) Enter the information for your Gmail account.
* Email Address: Enter your full Gmail email address (including ‘@gmail.com’).
* User Name: Enter your Gmail username (including ‘@gmail.com’).
* Password: Enter your Gmail password.
* Re-enter password: Re-enter your Gmail password.
6) Click ‘Submit.’