Level 1 Messaging is used to differentiate between regular emails and normal emails. So for example you want to be notified right away when your boss emails. You can set any email from your boss be marked as Level 1 and in the â€˜Profilesâ€™ menu set a different ring tone for Level 1 messages.
Setting up Level 1 messages are very straight forward.
1. 1. Go to BlackBerry Desktop Manager select Redirector Settings.
2. Go to the Filters tab and select New.
3. Enter your filter parameters.
4. After your filter is created, go to â€˜Profilesâ€™ on your BlackBerry.
5. Wheel-click –> Edit.
6. Level 1 Messages.
* Bonus tip: You can set any emails from your company to be marked as Level 1 by using the wildcard â€˜*â€™, ex. *@mycompany.com.