A SIM card stands for Subscriber Identity Module, on most mobile phones the SIM card is the place where it holds the address book and SMS messages. The SIM card is less important on the Blackberry because the address book is stored on the built-in flash memory or it can wireless sync your Outlook address book. But their may be a time where you want to retrieve the address book off a SIM, especially when you are a new Blackberry user coming from a regular mobile phone and want to import your contacts.
To import contact information from your SIM card to your handheld Address Book:
1. On the handheld Home screen, click the Address Book icon.
2. Click the trackwheel and select SIM Phone Book. The SIM phone book is loaded.
3. Click on the contact you want to import and select Add to Address Book.
4. In the New Address screen, add any additional information.
* Note: CDMA Blackberry users are out of luck because they don’t use SIM cards.