ACT! is a popular contact management solution used by millions around the world. Just like Outlook you can start syncing your personal information, here’s how:
1. Connect your BlackBerry handheld to your personal computer and open Desktop Manager. Enter your password if prompted.
2. Double-click Intellisync.
3. In the Intellisync window, click Configure PIM.
4. In the Handheld Configuration window, select the handheld application you want to synchronize with ACT! If you want to synchronize more than one handheld application with ACT!, repeat steps 4 through 8 for each application.
5. Click Choose.
6. In the Choose Translator window, select ACT! from the Available Translators list.
7. Click Browse to select the database. An ACT! database has the extension .dbf. The following are the default locations, though yours may differ:
* For ACT! 4.0 and subsequent upgrades, the default location is C:\Program Files\Symantec\ACT\Database
* For ACT! 5.0, 6.0 or 2000 (if it was not installed over a previous version or to a user-defined location), the default location is C:\My Documents\ACT\Database
8. Click OK to close the window.
9. If you want to synchronize another handheld application with ACT!, repeat steps 4 through 8.