We already posted this earlier in the day but this time with a bit more information thanks to a T-Mobile representative. The new upgrade does contain changes to the Settings menu and also resolves the following bugs:
* Random device resets during phone calls have been fixed.
* Improper 850mhz scanning which lead to messages like “no network” or “searching” for an extended period of time.
To upgrade follow the detailed instructions below:
* Note: Before upgrading, make sure to backup your device.
Section A: Download the new Desktop Manager & Handheld Software to your PC
1. Go to http://www.t-mobile.com/bbupgrade
2. Select the Get Software link in the 7290 or 7100t section
3. Type in your T-Mobile phone number when prompted and select enter
4. Select the BlackBerry Desktop Manager 220.127.116.11 link and choose Download
5. Save the file in a temporary directory on your PC. Write down the temporary directory for the installation process.
6. Return to the Available Downloads screen and select the Handheld Software Version 18.104.22.168 link, then choose Download
7. Save the file to the same temporary directory on your PC.
Section B: Installing your desktop software
1. If you have the current version of the BlackBerry Desktop Manager running, please close it.
2. Go to the temporary directory where you saved the downloaded Desktop Manager file. In this directory, select the downloaded file: â€œBlackberry_DesktopSoftware_22.214.171.124.exeâ€
3. Click Next to begin the installation. Select your country or region and click Next.
4. Read the License Agreement carefully and, if you accept its terms, click Yes (Note that you can only proceed if you accept the terms and conditions).
5. Type your name and your companyâ€™s name and click Next.
6. Select the integration option that you want to apply to this installation of the desktop software and click Next.
7. If you have integrated your desktop software with an enterprise email account, select the email system that you are using (either Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Domino or Novell GroupWise) and the redirection method used. Click Next. The Choose Destination Location window appears.