You are able to synchronize another Outlook userâ€™s address book to your BlackBerry handheld. This can be helpful if you are in an administrative assistant or delegate position, and frequently send email messages on behalf of another user.
First, you must create a new Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI) profile for the other userâ€™s mailbox. For instructions on how to create a new MAPI profile, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 195718 How to create a new e-mail profile in Outlook 2000.
Configure the Database for MAPI Profile
Second, configure the database for the new MAPI profile.
1. Open Desktop Manager, and double-click Intellisync. The Intellisync window opens.
2. Click Configure PIM. Check the Address Book box in the Handheld Applications list, and click Choose.
3. In the Available Applications list, highlight MS Outlook. Click Options.
4. In the User Profile drop-down list, select the new MAPI profile. Click OK.
5. Verify that the userâ€™s mailbox appears in the Folder Name field on the Choose Application window.
6. Set the Operation option to one of the following:
* Synchronize: This is the default option. All address book entries on the handheld will appear in the Outlook desktop client, and all the entries in Outlook will appear on the handheld.
* Import: All address book entries in Outlook will appear on the handheld.
* Export: All address book entries on the handheld will appear in Outlook.
7. Click OK > OK. This brings you back to the Intellisync window.
8. Click Synchronize now.