Goldstein’s sent us an email, asking:
My 7100 seems to drop the signal (or search endlessly for a new one). This was not the case with my 7230.
You’re describing an old bug with the Blackberry 7100g, where it would endlessly search for a signal. T-Mobile has just released a fix for this bug and you can download it at:
Below are the install instructions:
1. If you have the current version of the BlackBerry Desktop Manager running, please close it.
2. Go to the temporary directory where you saved the downloaded Desktop Manager file. In this directory, select the downloaded file: â€œBlackberry_DesktopSoftware_22.214.171.124.exeâ€
3. Click Next to begin the installation. Select your country or region and click Next.
4. Read the License Agreement carefully and, if you accept its terms, click Yes (Note that you can only proceed if you accept the terms and conditions).
5. Type your name and your companyâ€™s name and click Next.
6. Select the integration option that you want to apply to this installation of the desktop software and click Next.
7. If you have integrated your desktop software with an enterprise email account, select the email system that you are using (either Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Domino or Novell GroupWise) and the redirection method used. Click Next. The Choose Destination Location window appears.
Have a Blackberry question, ask us! Please email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org