A SIM card stands for Subscriber Identity Module, on most mobile phones the SIM card is the place where it holds the address book and SMS messages. The SIM card is less important on the Blackberry because the address book is stored on the built-in flash memory or it can wireless sync your Outlook address book. But their may be a time where you want to retrieve the address book off a SIM, especially when you are a new Blackberry user coming from a regular mobile phone and want to import your contacts. We have already told you how to import your whole address book, but here’s how to selectively add a contact to your SIM card:
1. On the handheld Home screen, click the Address Book icon.
2. Select the contact containing the phone number you wish to copy.
3. Click the trackwheel and select View.
4. Select the phone number, click the trackwheel, then select Copy to SIM Phone Book.
5. Click the trackwheel and select Save.
Note: If you receive the message â€œNot enough room in SIM,â€ delete the SMS messages on the Phone screen and delete the entries in the SIM Phone Book.