Many of us that use Outlook would be familiar with the feature that when creating a meeting it allows you to automatically send each participant a reminder email. Less familiar is that you can actually do it wirelessly through your Blackberry if you’re on a BES.
1. From the Home screen of the handheld, go to the Calendar application.
2. Create a new appointment. Once all the information has been entered, click the trackwheel to view the menu. Click on Invite Attendee.
3. The handheld’s Address Book appears, listing all contacts.
* If you have contacts in your address book you want to invite, highlight the name and click the trackwheel. Select Invite
* If you want to invite someone who is not in your address book but is in the global address list (GAL), click the trackwheel and select Lookup. Look up the contactâ€™s name in the GAL and click the trackwheel. Select Invite
* If you want to invite someone who is not in your address book or the GAL, scroll to [Use Once] in your address book. Click the trackwheel and select Email. Enter the contactâ€™s email address, then click the trackwheel and select Continue. The email address is entered in the invitee list.
4. Continue adding names as needed.
5. Save the appointment. The appointment has been added to the handheld and desktop calendar applications and a meeting request is sent to the invitee(s).