Blackberry may be considered one of the must-have business tools but there is no reason why you can’t use it to keep your personal life in order. By default the Blackberry will only display business contacts but you can change that. To have both business and personal addresses appear in the handheld address book, complete the following tasks:
1. In BlackBerry Desktop Manager, double-click the Intellisync icon.
2. In the Intellisync window, click Configure PIM.
3. In the Handheld Configuration window, select Address Book in the handheld application list, then click Advanced. The Address Settings for Address Book window appears.
4. Click Field Mapping.
5. In the Intellisync window, click OK. The Field Mapping for Address Book window appears.
6. Scroll down the list and locate Home Address in the Contacts column.
7. Click and drag Home Address down beside User Defined 1 in the Handheld column.
8. Verify that a double-sided arrow appears between the two items.
9. Click OK to save your changes.
10. Close all windows and synchronize your handheld.
Rename the User Defined field on the handheld
1. In the handheld Home screen, click the Address Book icon.
2. Click the trackwheel, then Edit.
3. Click the User1 field, then Change Field Name.
4. Enter field name, then click the trackwheel.
5. Click the trackwheel, then Save.
The name of the field will change in all address book entries.