Siminn and Research In Motion today announced plans to introduce BlackBerryÂ® to mobile professionals in Iceland. BlackBerry, developed by RIM, is an advanced, push-based wireless communications solution for mobile users that provides integrated support for wireless email, phone, browser, organizer and corporate data applications. Siminn will initially introduce the BlackBerry 7290 Wireless Handheld that will operate on Siminn’s GSM/GPRS network.
“Siminn is committed to providing its customers with the best mobile solutions on the market, and BlackBerry is the leading wireless solution for mobile customers that want to stay connected and productive while on the go,” said Saevar Freyr Thrainsson, Vice President, Siminn. “We are pleased to bring BlackBerry to our customers, providing them with an advanced wireless solution for their communication and information needs.”
For corporate customers, Siminn will provide the BlackBerry Enterprise Server(TM) software, which tightly integrates with MicrosoftÂ® Exchange, IBM LotusÂ® Domino(TM) and Novell GroupWiseÂ® to enable secure, push-based wireless access to email and other corporate data.
For individuals and smaller businesses, Siminn offers BlackBerry Internet Service(TM), which allows users to access up to ten corporate and/or personal email accounts (including Microsoft Exchange, IBM Lotus Domino and many popular ISP email accounts) from a single device.
“BlackBerry continues to grow in popularity as the leading wireless data solution because it provides an optimized customer experience that stands out in terms of functionality, ease-of-use, security, manageability and reliability,” said Mark Guibert, Vice President, Corporate Marketing at Research In Motion. “Siminn’s customers will soon be able to enjoy the flexibility and productivity benefits experienced by over three million BlackBerry users around the world today.”
Features of the BlackBerry 7290(TM) include:
– Email, phone, browser, SMS, and organizer applications in a single handheld
– Quad band handheld, operates on 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS wireless networks, allowing for international roaming between North America, Europe and Asia Pacific(i)
– Bluetooth support for hands-free voice communications
– Ample memory for application and data storage
– Easy-to-use QWERTY keyboard
– Easy-to-navigate menus and interface
– Bright, backlit 240×160 display supporting over 65,000 colors
– Java(TM)-based development platform built on open standards
– Integrated attachment viewing (including support for popular file formats such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, WordPerfect, PDF, ASCII, jpegs and tiffs)
– Sleek design with a light and comfortable feel
(i)Check with Siminn for roaming services