Julie asked us,
Well the company has finally upgraded to 4.0 and I was playing with the new features, including the ability to change the background image. However, everytime I try to change it, the home screen stays blank.
What happened is the handheld Content Store database has become corrupt or the memory of the handheld contains a corrupted file. You will need to clear the content database.
Clear the content store database.
1. Connect the handheld to your personal computer with a universal serial bus (USB) cable.
2. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager and double-click Backup and Restore.
3. Click Advanced.
4. In the Handheld Databases list, highlight Content Store. Click Clear.
5. If you are prompted with a warning, click OK to continue.
6. Click Close > Close to return to Desktop Manager.
7. On the handheld, reset the Home screen image.