Wei asked us,
I’m getting duplicate emails to my Blackberry device and can not figure out why. I currently have a 7520 on Nextel which receives my work and Gmail emails. My work email is fine, but every Gmail email gets duplicated.
When it comes to duplicate emails, it’s usually always the case where you have setup the email to forward from two places. The places that you need to check are your Blackberry Internet Service account, Gmail settings, and your Outlook forwarding rules. Do one of the following, but not all because you’ll stop receiving all emails together.
To check your BIS account do the following:
1. Log in to your BlackBerry Internet Service account. Click Profile.
2. Under the Email Accounts heading, click other email accounts.
3. In this box, see if there’s your Gmail account setup and delete.
In Outlook 2003:
1. Tools > Rules and Alerts.
2. Highlight the forwarding rule for your BlackBerry Internet Service account.
3. Click Delete.
1. Log in to your Gmail account.
2. In the top right navigation bar, click Settings. The Mail Settings window appears.
3. Click the Forwarding and POP tab.