There may come a time where you will need to wipe your handheld clean like when returning the device for warranty replacement or repair. It’s always a good idea to do so, especially if you have sensitive information or anything incriminating on the handheld. You have the choice of either erasing all the data on your handheld, or erasing all the data and applications on your handheld.
To erase all data:
To erase all the data on your handheld, complete the following steps. This option is available with BlackBerry Handheld Software version 3.8 and later.
1. On the handheld, click the Options icon.
2. In the Options screen, click Security.
3. Click the trackwheel and select Wipe Handheld.
4. Click Continue.
5. Type blackberry. All the data on the handheld is erased.
To erase all the data and applications on your handheld:
1. Connect your handheld to the personal computer running Desktop Manager.
2. In Desktop Manager, double-click the Application Loader icon.
3. In the Application Loader Wizard window, click Next.
4. On the Handheld Security Password screen, type an incorrect password and click Next.
5. Repeat step 4 ten times. The handheld resets. This might take several minutes.