A new feature in Desktop Manager 4.1 is the Migration Wizard. The Migration Wizard enables you to import personal information management (PIM) data from Palm OS-based devices, such as the Treo, and Windows Mobile-based devices to your BlackBerry device. You can import contacts, calendar entries, tasks, and memos.
To use the Migration Wizard do the following:
1. If you are migrating data from a Palm OS device, hotsync your device. (Skip this step if you are using a Windows Mobile device.)
2. If wireless PIM synchronization is enabled on your BlackBerry device, disable this feature.
In the tasks, memo, address book, and calendar options, set the Wireless Synchronization field to No. Click the trackwheel. Click Save.
3. Connect both your BlackBerry device and your Palm OS device or Windows Mobile device to your computer.
4. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager and double-click Intellisync. The Intellisync window appears.
5. Click Import. The Migration Wizard window appears.
6. Click Next.
7. Select the type of device you are using, then click Next.
8. From the drop-down list, select the PIM profile from which you are importing PIM data, then click Next. The data migration begins.
9. When PIM data was imported successfully appears, click Finish.
10. Re-enable wireless PIM synchronization on your BlackBerry device (if applicable).