When you first get your Blackberry handheld you will need to register it on the Blackberry network. For Blackberry Enterprise Server users it’s pretty easy because you usually have a Blackberry administrator to do it for you, but for BIS users it’s a different process. After charging your Blackberry for the first time you need to do the following:
1. Open a browser on your personal computer.
2. Go to your service providerâ€™s BlackBerry Internet Service website. Verify your service providerâ€™s logo is visible in the top right corner.
3. Click Create New Account. The Account Set-up webpage appears.
4. Type your handheld personal identification number (PIN) and International Mobile Equipment Identity or electronic serial number (IMEI/ESN) in the appropriate fields. To locate the PIN, and IMEI or ESN on your handheld, click Options followed by Status.
5. Click Submit on the service providerâ€™s website page.
6. Read the Legal Terms and Conditions click I Agree.
7. On the Account Set-up page, enter the following information:
* User ID
* Friendly Name
* Re-enter Password
* Secret Question
* Secret Answer
8. Click Done. Your BlackBerry account is now set up.