You can insert a wait or pause to separate additional digits (for example, a password or extension) from the main phone number. When you dial a phone number that contains a pause, the device pauses for two seconds before it dials the remaining numbers. When dialing a phone number that contains a wait, the device displays a Dial Extension screen prompting you to either dial the remaining numbers, skip the remaining numbers, or end the call. This tip is useful for dialing your voicemail where you have to call and then enter your passcode. The above picture shows that we modified the voicemail number to enter our passcode 6169.
To include a pause or wait in a phone number in the Phone application
1. On the device Home screen, click Phone.
2. With your cursor in the empty field at the top of the screen, type the first portion of the phone number.
3. To insert a pause in the phone number, press N. For the BlackBerry 7100 Series devices, press L.
4. To insert a wait in the phone number, press B. For the BlackBerry 7100 Series devices, press W.
5. Type the remainder of the phone number.
6. Press the Enter key.