You receive a phone call on your BlackBerry device, which is locked. The phone number is displayed, but not the name of the caller. The callerâ€™s name and phone number are stored in the Address Book on your device. However, if the device is unlocked and the same contact calls your device, both the name and phone number are displayed.
This is actually a security precaution that RIM has implemented incase one’s Blackberry gets stolen and you don’t want to reveal your contacts.
To get the name displayed again, you will need to disable Content Protection:
Disable Content Protection.
1. Follow the directions according to which device or device software you are using.
* If you are using a BlackBerry 7100 Series device, from the Home Screen go to Tools > Settings > Security > Content Protection.
* If you are using a BlackBerry Wireless Handheldâ„¢ running 4.0 device software, from the Home Screen go to Options > Security > Content Protection.
* If you are using a handheld running 4.1 device software, from the Home Screen go to Options > Security > General Settings > Content Protection.
2. Scroll down to Content Protection, and click the trackwheel. Select Change Option.
3. Select Disabled. Click the trackwheel again and select Save to save your changes.