Even the Emegency Broadcast System testing used to freak me out as a kid. “What’s wrong? Why is this happening? Why can’t I eat my happy meal without this incessant beeping?!”. I was a frustrated kid. Nevertheless, Onset Technology’s METAmessage Emergency Communications for BlackBerry has been chosen by Miami-Dade County in southern Florida for it’s 600-strong staff to alert them of emergency evacuations and ensure that everyone is where they need to be and safely.
“METAmessage Emergency Communications is an out-of-the-box solution for any enterprise or government agency that wants to leverage their BlackBerry deployment into an emergency communications network. The solution lets users:
– Update accurate PIN addresses automatically;
– Blast PIN messages to groups and distribution lists;
– Force message alerts to ensure immediate notifications;
– Know when messages are received and read; and,
– Store vital documents on handhelds for access regardless of coverage.”
Hopefully everyone understands the severity of the issues at hand. “No more jelly-filled donuts” just doesn’t seem to be an evacuatable issue to me. No sprinkles on the other hand – it’s time to go.