I’m sure there’s some sort of crack about reading Palm that I could make, but I’ll let it lay for now. Handango, “the world’s leading provider of smartphone content” (according to the press release, at least), has announced it’s top 7 predictions in the smartphone industry for the 2007 year. Check after the jump for the list, and you can check out the entire article right here. Sneak peak: Smartphones are going mainstream. Who knew?
1. Smartphones Will Go Mainstream
2. Mobile TV Will Hit the Small Screen in a Big Way
3. GPS-Enabled Location Based Services (LBS) Will Be Killer Applications
4. Smartphone Adoption in Europe Will Continue to Explode
5. Over-The-Air (OTA) Downloads Will Grow at a Faster Pace
6. More Professionals in Vertical Markets Will Rely on Smartphone Content
7. Large Consumer Brands Will Create Content for Smartphones