BlackBerry Forums is quickly becoming a hotbed for small little leaked details like this. We’re talking BlackBerry 8820, and we’ve got some news for you about it courtesy of new user BigSmooth66 (that’s really smooth).
A T-Mobile employee, Mr. Smooth got the chance to meet and greet T-Mo’s CEO Robert Dotson and noticed he was testing the BlackBerry 8820. Some details were nabbed.
- It has a camera and wi-fi
– It will be out this summer.
– It will be released along with T-Mobile@Home service.
– They are still deciding on the color (they are leaning towards black)
– It is closer to the size of the 8700 then it is to the 8800
Something doesn’t seem right. Am I the only one who thinks so?
While the rest of the replies on the forums seem to thank and back BigSmooth’s post, some of the details seem a little off from the 88XX series of devices. Aren’t they strictly business models? Where’s the camera coming from? Also, closer in size to the 8700 than 8800? Methinks someone jumbled some numbers or misheard the device name. Sounds more like an 8300 series to me.