Another announcement RIM has made out of Orlando today was a new plug-in for Microsoft Visual studio that will help software developers write up programs for BlackBerrys. Theyâ€™ll be previewing the plug-in at WES, and throwing it up as a free download later in the year. Big points behind the jump.
Key benefits of the BlackBerry Plug-in for Microsoft Visual Studio include:
1. Familiar Development Experience – The plug-in integrates within thefamiliar Visual Studio development environment, and allows developers to visually design, implement and debug applications for BlackBerry smartphones.
2. Leverages Developer Skill Sets – Customers and system integrators can leverage their developer skill sets in order to reduce costs and accelerate the development of applications for the BlackBerry platform.
3. Seamless Wireless Connectivity – Leverages the inherent security, manageability and efficient wireless connectivity of the BlackBerry Enterprise Solution.
4. Platform Interoperability – Allows enterprises to create rich client applications for BlackBerry smartphones that interoperate with .NET-based systems via Web Services.
5. Rich Client Application Functionality – Provides the ability to create rich client applications with a flexible user interface, offline data storage, asynchronous push, and secure data access.
6. Enterprise-Class Security and Manageability – Applications developed will leverage the same security architecture of BlackBerry Enterprise Server. IT departments will benefit from simplified management and centralized control of their wireless deployments with reduced administrative overhead and a lower total cost of ownership.