WES hasnâ€™t even started yet and RIMâ€™s already busting out the new goods. Their new Mobile Voice system is going to be a way of merging office phone functionality with BlackBerry devices. Itâ€™s really impressive that RIMâ€™s managing to keep pushing their enterprise market while simultaneously moving into the consumer field.
Main features behind the jump.
Key features of BlackBerry MVS include:
1. Seamless convergence of BlackBerry smartphones with office desk phones – uses existing corporate phone number, and maintains one â€œReach Me Anywhereâ€ phone number for the user.
2. Office desk phone functionality while mobile – supports extension dialing, transfer, park and consolidated voicemail.
3. Intuitive menu-driven interface – makes placing and receiving enterprise calls and accessing desk phone functionality amazingly simple.
4. Secure mobile desk phone – authenticates callers with the telephony system.
5. IT controls – allows an organization to route all calls through the telephony system for billing / audit purposes.
6. Works in heterogeneous PBX environments – supports IP, TDM or mixed vendor environments.