Here’s a fun little Friday study coming to us via AOL (thanks, BG) that breaks down just exactly where the BlackBerry nation is checking their emails. To the average user, the list won’t seem illicit, but it does prove that there’s really no place we feel uncomfortable using our BlackBerrys nowadays. I personally check my email while brushing my teeth, but hey, that’s just more uptime, right?
* 59% of Americans check their email in bed
* 53% of Americans have checked their email in the bathroom
* 37% of Americans check their email while they drive
* 43% check email first thing in the morning
* 83% check email while on vacation
* Average users check their email at least 5 times a day
Almost as interesting is the statistic that says that women are more likely to describe themselves as addicted to email than men (16% vs. 13%), and actually spend 15 minutes more per day on email than men. So that’s why they take longer in the bathroom!
1. Washington, D.C.
2. Atlanta, GA
3. New York, NY
4. San Francisco, CA
5. Houston, TX
6. Los Angeles, CA
7. Seattle, WA
8. Orlando, FL
9. Denver, CO
10. Miami, FL
It would be interesting to see a list of Canadian cities as well… $5 says Waterloo would be at the top of the list!