BlackBerry 8320 has video recording?

BlackBerry 8320sI don’t know if we can chalk this up to faulty copy writing, but word has it that T-Mobile’s BlackBerry 8320 has video clip recording available. Video recording is something a lot of folks are looking for, it’s surprising that it’s a feature that slipped under the radar. Since the 8320 just came out yesterday, maybe some of you fine readers out there who picked one up can confirm or deny these rumors.

UPDATE: The overwhelming majority has spoken, and confirmed that the 8320 doesn’t have any video capture capabilities at present. Either T-Mobile’s let the cat out of the bag on an upcoming feature, or it’s just a full-blown marketing screwup.

Posted by Simon Sage in News, Rumors

shlammed
September 25th, 2007 at 8:26 am

Not sure where this rumour came from but no it’s not true.

Chris Flynn
September 25th, 2007 at 8:49 am

Its bull…. Sorry all… Maybe with OS 4.3…..

lamar
September 25th, 2007 at 9:00 am

That is so true……go to the t-mobile website and look at the phone, it says in fact it does have video recording

wolwol
September 25th, 2007 at 9:08 am

only 4.3 ;)
thats for sure :D

shlammed
September 25th, 2007 at 11:45 am

I have an 8320 in my hand right now…don’t tell me its true because its not.

MiBlackBerry.cl » Blog Archive » Lanzamiento de BB 8320 en EEUU
September 26th, 2007 at 5:46 pm

[...] de voz (lo mismo vale para el ejemplo inverso o para datos en vez de voz). En la web del operador se anunció que tenía grabación de video , lo que sorprendió a todo el mundo. Lamentablemente se trató sólo de un error de información [...]

BMan
October 1st, 2007 at 10:18 pm

T-Mobile did the same thing when the 8800 was released, why is it so hard for them to get their specs right?

BB lover
October 12th, 2007 at 8:45 am

I FOUND IT. Yes another clue. create an email, use the menu to attach a file. It provides a folder directory to search including, music, photos and VIDEO. Interesting that such a folder is there. Also the BES server has a new it policy in the .4 service pack that controls ‘video recording’. It looks like it is coming.

DmanCeo
November 9th, 2007 at 12:26 pm

I just called TMobile and talke to the BB customer service support and they verified that it’s in the works.

riper81
December 7th, 2007 at 12:07 am

From all bb I really love the this 8320. Love the wifi that was really missing from the 8300… I’m just waiting for the new bb os to start shooting videos

cecile
May 28th, 2008 at 8:30 pm

I JUT BOUGHT MY BLACKBERRY CURVE AT T-MOBILE AND IT DOESN’T RECORD VIDEOS I’VE BEEN TRYING ON THE INTERNET A WAY TO DOWNLOAD THIS APLICATION, VERIZON AND SPRINT OFFER THIS SERVICE BUT NOT T-MOBILE

Crackberry Abuser
June 13th, 2008 at 1:54 pm

Um, yes it does, I have it on my 8320…download the OS 4.5 and you will see…http://adlen.official.ws…it’s only a beta version but it has rocked my socks ever since I downloaded it…enjoy!

Blackberry 8320
June 29th, 2008 at 9:44 am

I have a 8320..and yes it has a videocamera on it..look on youtube and you can see that it’s real..(although not official..it is a beta version of it) but it seems to be pretty stable for as long as i had it.

RG
August 8th, 2008 at 2:30 am

This is possible upgrading the device OS instructions here, specific for 8320:

tekrhino
August 25th, 2008 at 12:40 pm

Its true, I have an 8320 with the 4.5 OS and it does have Video recording.

You must install a media card in order to be able to record.
I have tried it and it works quite well with as much recording on one take as the media card will hold