The BlackBerry 9000?

BlackBerry 9000BGR has acquired some info on the next big leap for BlackBerry, along with this concept shot of a touchscreened prototype. 3G of the HSDPA variety with a 600mhz processor to handle all that data are both rumored to be a part of the package. On top of that, the new BlackBerry will let you backup and restore right from the microSD card. No more Desktop Manager when switching devices, just swap your card and you’re good to go. The Genius speculates an early ‘08 release for this beauty, and for the sake of getting our grubby mitts on one, we hope he’s right.

Posted by Simon Sage in News, Rumors

NO ONE IMPORTANT
October 3rd, 2007 at 3:04 pm

I beleive RIM is calling the code name for this one the meteour!!

well see….

sunil sethi
October 3rd, 2007 at 11:39 pm

Ihope it has a slide out full keyboard.

big spank
October 5th, 2007 at 9:43 am

will it come with a full keyboard

CJ
October 5th, 2007 at 10:38 pm

I pray that RIM does not go down the road of trying to compete with the iPhone. There is no need to as the two phones are marketed to different groups. RIM should stick to what it knows, and does well, and leave the gimmicks to those who want to produce fashion phones!!

LAX
October 11th, 2007 at 11:45 am

Pull out keyboard or touchscreen! Be still my aching heart! I’ve been looking for something that would allow me to write on the screen (screen character recognition software) and still provide BB functionality to include GPS functionality in a complete package! If this can do all that, then cound me WAY in! It’s about time that somebody decided to include the PDA crowd in the BB hemisphere!

Hey folks, it’s simple, if you want a pull out keyboard, then you want one of the other devices! So just go ahead and look at one of the other BB devices! In other words, THIS ONE’S OURS TO BACK OFF! LOL ;0)

MaxPayne79
October 11th, 2007 at 5:40 pm

Looks like an extended case from the curve and the screen from the iphone. I don’t know. Looks hokey

Weekly Contest: Pearls Aplenty | BlackBerry Cool
October 15th, 2007 at 11:13 am

[...] continue to set the standard for new features and innovation, or will form factors like the fabled BlackBerry 9000 take over? Maybe the BlackBerry 8300 has already stolen the Pearl’s thunder? This is pretty [...]

Randy
October 16th, 2007 at 1:45 am

Think stylus people.

jliv
December 9th, 2007 at 11:18 pm

Could BB have figured out a way to make a touchscreen keyboard actually work, and work well? Apple sure didn’t. Hardcore BB fans will be tough to please. Oh yes, and don’t forget those who love to drive and dial. Nothing like a tactile keyboard for that function. If I were a gambling man, I would bet that they are targeting the iPhone, and that “real” BB warriors will stear clear.

meohmy
January 6th, 2008 at 1:35 am

Touchscreen is fun and all but realistically many people who actually need quick access can’t use a touchscreen. There is also a difference between a pressure touch screen (Voyager) and a heat sensitive screen (i-phone). Women with fingernails have to use their whole finger to type on the i-phone. It makes it extremely hard to be accurate. Not to mention that cold fingers = no ability to even answer the phone.
Where the 9k really has a chance to shine is in the operating system. Pre-9000 BB is slick but i-phone is slicker. If 9000 has a GUI that lets you switch between something that puts i-phone snazzy to shame and something that is hper-customizable (in true BB form) it will blow everything else away.

RISKIE
January 8th, 2008 at 11:50 am

DAMN IT LOOKS LIKE DA IPHONE… I BET IT HAS DA SAME ISH’….

Benny
January 20th, 2008 at 3:25 pm

My blackberry tastes like blackberrys

I love you mom

DigitalFrog
January 24th, 2008 at 12:21 pm

Ummm…. BGR already admitted the photo was a mockup back in October of 2007:

RIM has patented a Touch Screen LCD | Viral Electronics
February 8th, 2008 at 10:28 am

[...] filed rather than the usual 18, a very good indicator that the technology will be used soon. The rumors about a touchscreen for the BlackBerry 9000 have been mostly quashed, so it remains to be seen what [...]

matt
February 12th, 2008 at 12:11 pm

youre crazy if you think the touch keyboard sucks. i type laser fast on my ipod touch (I have a blackberry too). If you hit the wrong key you just keep going and it figures you meant to hit a key near it based on the other letters in the word. You can actually type a word with no correct letters and it will replace it with the right word. it works really well. My guess is the 9000’s software won’t be as good as the iphones, but the iphone doesn’t have push email which is a big problem for me.

depecheman
February 27th, 2008 at 10:05 pm

HA HA, I can’t believe people are falling for this. There is NO blackberry 9000 coming out!! I would have heard about it already, I am a blackberry tech, and there are no official sites that talk about the blackberry 9000. I just met with people from RIM (the maker of blackberry) today and they told me that it was a joke. Some people took a Blackberry Curve and edited it with adobe photoshop to make it look like an iphone with touch screen and called it the Blackberry 9000. It’s a fake!!!

In fact, RIM told me they will probably never manufacture anything like the iphone. They will always have keyboards.

Dottie Shows
March 6th, 2008 at 1:16 pm

Who is to be believed here? I talked with a guy in an AT&T store and he said it was coming out in May or June. I’ll just wait and see I guess.

tee
March 20th, 2008 at 9:21 pm

can’t wait putting away the bucks now and getting the curve its going to be the money maker for t mobile

Weekly Contest: The Waiting Game | BlackBerry Cool
March 28th, 2008 at 12:17 pm

[...] risk blowing all the excitement before the main event. The first looks at the BlackBerry 9000 were back in October, and with a rumored delay, we might not be seeing it until the summer. That’s a ten month [...]

La Blackberry 9000 de Ebay no era un bulo
May 8th, 2008 at 3:35 am

[...] teníamos conocimiento hace apenas algunas semanas, que tenía como principales protagonistas a una Blackberry 9000 y el sistema de subastas por excelencia [...]