Gtalk and Yahoo! BlackBerry clients updated

As if Facebook wasn’t enough yesterday, we also got a Gtalk and Yahoo! chat client update up to version 2.0. After installing Gtalk here, there are decent upgrades, mainly displaying profile pictures, as noted by Robb, but I’m sure there’s plenty of other new features there that regular Gtalkers will readily spot. You can pick up the new version of Gtalk and Yahoo! Messenger over the air at http://mobile.blackberry.com on your mobile browser.

blognation Canada » Blog Archive » New Gtalk and Yahoo Messenger Clients for Blackberry
October 25th, 2007 at 1:31 pm

[...] As if a new Facebook app wasn’t enough for us Crackberry addicts… As if Facebook wasn’t enough yesterday, we also got a Gtalk and Yahoo! chat client update up to version 2.0. After installing Gtalk here, there are decent upgrades, mainly displaying profile pictures, as noted by Robb, but I’m sure there’s plenty of other new features there that regular Gtalkers will readily spot. Source: Gtalk and Yahoo! BlackBerry clients updated | BlackBerry Cool [...]

Gtalk and Yahoo! BlackBerry clients updated - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community
October 25th, 2007 at 3:16 pm

[...] clients have been updated, with free OTA downloads available from http://mobile.blackberry.com/. Gtalk and Yahoo! BlackBerry clients updated | BlackBerry Cool BlackBerry Cool - the voice of the BlackBerry [...]

Kirrin
October 25th, 2007 at 3:50 pm

Is it just me or is the new version 2.0 icon for Gtalk really huge?

Pete
October 25th, 2007 at 9:56 pm

Same problem with my VZW 8703e.

I wiped my device and reinstalled everything, but did not attempt to reinstall the Yahoo Messenger. I’ll await advice from others, or until the bugs are worked out.

Gianfranco
October 26th, 2007 at 4:42 am

Hi, exactly the same happened to my BB Pearl 8100.

movilbroker » Ronda de actualizaciones
October 26th, 2007 at 8:12 am

[...] Gtalk, Yahoo! y Facebook: Clientes para BlackBerry | http://mobile.blackberry.com [...]

Victor
October 26th, 2007 at 1:18 pm

I just dowloaded both application upgrades and they are GREAT! I had no problems at all.

Derek
October 27th, 2007 at 1:11 am

If you guys go to the advanced options under applications and delete the OLD Yahoo Messenger client and then reboot, the new Yahoo Messenger should work. I was having the same problem and I noticed that and it worked for me.

Victor
October 27th, 2007 at 9:39 am

I can not download it from PC (user restrictions). As far as I know, the newest YM version is working only on 4.2 versions (and afterwards). I have an 8700.
I would just need the previous YM version…

Victor
October 29th, 2007 at 2:57 am

Thank you Jason, this is great, I will share this information with other users in need… :)

Michael
October 29th, 2007 at 11:54 pm

Jay- Thank you, thank you, thank you for the fix!

Dear Blackberry-

Would it be that hard to put this into an immediate fix (or at least post a message saying what to do if you run into this problem)instead of ignoring every potentially negative thing that came your way? Sad. Disturbing.

Concerned User about your ethics (Michael)

tyrel
October 30th, 2007 at 5:10 pm

I am using a 7105t and I am still having all those mentioned problems with yahoo mesenger! Can anyone assist.

mich
November 2nd, 2007 at 2:18 am

how can i delete the module? when i try clicking on it their is no delete option that comes up :/

Alex
November 3rd, 2007 at 2:05 pm

Thank you Jason!

I am very disappointed about how both Blackberry and Yahoo! guys are helping out users solve this. I spent a lot of time searching both sites for helpful info. Zero results!

Thank God there are search engines and people willing to help!

jsloey
November 6th, 2007 at 10:52 pm

Thanks Jason!
This was driving me crazy!

Reyes
November 10th, 2007 at 8:03 pm

I know that some people have been having problems with installing the new GTALK 2.0 on the Blackberry. I have a 8100 and figured out that if you update the software on the Blackberry GTALK 2.0 will work. The software must be 4.2.1 or greater for GTALK 2.0 to work. Once you update the software you might have to download GTALK again.

It works great.

Reyes

matt adamson brisbane
November 23rd, 2007 at 6:06 am

Hey Jason, seriously ur the man, thankgod a guy like u is around helpin us panicin souls out..as u advised deleted file and now workin fine..7130 bb.
Thanks so much..uve saved my life..sad but true .
Ps very disappointed with blackberry and yahoo.

hkpolarbear
November 29th, 2007 at 4:39 pm

I followed the link, downloaded and installed Yahoo Messenger successfully. Could it be blocked by company policy ? But there is no icon showing. I check in Options|Advanced options|Applications and in the list I am seeing Yahoo Messenger 2.0.38 but I just can’t run it.

Please advise.

Amberish
December 8th, 2007 at 1:00 am

anyone knows why one cannot get msn clients to send msgs yahoo messenger on the device?? i mean u can see the msn contact in ya contact list, can even send msgs to them, but they cant seem to msg back at ya. You get those msgs when you log into Yahoo Messenger on a pc.. any thots or solutions to this??

Nick
December 17th, 2007 at 2:15 pm

There’s no delete option for deleting the modules in the Blackberry Curve. Anybody find a way to delete modules for the Curve?

Michael
January 8th, 2008 at 9:37 am

Does anyone know how to delete a module on the Curve 8320? The only thing it will let you do is edit permissions.

leaf
March 1st, 2008 at 5:57 pm

I get the same error message on my curve. service not enabled for this device.

Raunak
March 26th, 2008 at 1:44 pm

Heyy everyone,the solution on this forum is for the people who alrdy had yahoo messnger v1.0 on thr blackberry n faced prblms on upgrading it to v2.0 .I have a blackberry curve 8310 and dint had v1.0 ever but still yahoo messenger v2.0 aint workin.I have resinstalled n deleted the software umpteen times.bt still there is no icon in the menu.in options it shows tht it is installed.same goes for gtalk.I think the problem needs to be mailed to bb and yahoo both so they can check on it.everyone who reads on to this forum shd mail it to the them so they can take on this problm botheribg so many of us…make a move people

if someone comes out with a solution for this problm do share.we ll all appreciate it a lot

4ps
March 31st, 2008 at 5:13 pm

John, That still did not work for me!

Alamophotographer
May 16th, 2008 at 3:29 pm

Does anyone know how to solve the yahoo mesgr problem on the curve 8330 for Sprint. Tech Support has never even heard of this.