RIM announced today a new software bundle for small and medium businesses who are administrating up to 30 BlackBerrys on your existing e-mail server. Combined with BlackBerry Home Server, BlackBerry Unite!, and the full-blown BlackBerry Enterprise Server, RIM is setting up a nice sliding scale for all levels of enterprise users. The BlackBerry Professional Software will cost you $499 for every 5 users, which you can get for free if you buy 5 BlackBerrys before the end of November. More information over here.
* Small IT Footprint – Installs on the same server as the email system, saving customers the cost of additional hardware and operating system licenses.
* Support for the Leading Email Systems – Provides tight integration with Microsoft® Exchange or IBM® Lotus® Domino®, allowing a full complement of synchronized wireless services including access to email, calendar, contacts, notes and tasks.
* Simple Installation – A Pre-install Assistant utility performs a technical assessment of the environment and provides a recommended configuration making installation fast and easy with little or no requirement to determine configuration settings.
* Easy Management – Simplified BlackBerry Manager Interface is a one-stop location for most management tasks, and wizards and quick-links enable customers to easily change common functions such as adding or deleting a user. IT policies are also easy to set up with pre-defined IT policy templates.
* Advanced Security – Utilizes the same certified security architecture and encryption system of the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server, which is trusted and accredited by more organizations around the world than any other wireless solution.
* BlackBerry® MDS (Mobile Data System) Support – Provides customers with the ability to extend internal applications to mobile employees and use any of the thousands of third party applications developed for the BlackBerry platform.