Stefano has heard of a potential outage for the Americas and Asia-Pacific on the 25th. for 20 minutes sometime between 12:00 AM EST and 3:00 AM EST due to a firmware update. Not long, but a little warning never hurts. Too bad we have to resort to newsgroups to get this kind of information, huh? Affected services include:
* BlackBerry Enterprise Servers (BES) may be unable to connect to the BlackBerry Infrastructure during the maintenance. I recommend that nobody even log on to any of the 4 BES servers during this time as you may experience issues relating to the maintenance.
* Users may be unable to send or receive any email messages during the maintenance.
* Users may also be unable to register their device, roam in another location, or use other services such as Internet browsing or Blackberry Messenger.
* Devices may not receive new service books during the maintenance.
* Enterprise Activations may not work during this maintenance.
* PIN to PIN messaging may not work during this maintenance.
Stressed out that you’re going to be cut off? Well, if you’re BlackBerrying at 3:00 AM on a Sunday, maybe that’s the first sign you need a break anyway.
UPDATE: New info suggests the outage isn’t going to happen anymore. And this, my friends, is why we have a Rumors file.