Google Calendar syncs to BlackBerry

Google has just launched Google Sync, an app which keeps your Google Calendar and BlackBerry calendar synced up, available for over the air download from http://m.google.com/sync. Pretty awesome stuff, considering programs like GCalSync and GCal have been trying to get the job done for awhile now. Hopefully Google Sync will provide the groundwork for other sync options, like GMail contacts, maps, notes, and all that other good stuff that BlackBerry and Google overlap on. Thanks Josep!

Posted by Simon Sage in

Greg
December 12th, 2007 at 10:46 pm

In as much as Google has been gaining on Yahoo, Yahoo has had this down pat, for quite a while, including contacts, etc., etc..

Stinky From USC
December 13th, 2007 at 8:16 am

I can’t get my blackberry calendar items to upload to google calendar.

by design?

Jiri Manek
December 13th, 2007 at 8:20 am

I meant 8110 device :-/

Rufus Leeking
December 13th, 2007 at 10:11 am

Either I’m using it wrong or else it’s first version is a bit lame. It appears to pull information down from Google, but does not push my Blackberry’s calendar events/changes up to Google.

I keep good calendar on my BB — it’s my primary. I was really hoping all my calendar content would get pushed up to Google to get things started. Didn’t happen.

I added a calendar event on Google, then sync’d . It came down just fine. I then deleted that even on my BB, it was not deleted from Google Calendar.

So…. is a great idea, but not particularly useful right now. Anybody else seeing similar behavior?

NA
December 13th, 2007 at 12:00 pm

I’ve found that it does upload from BB, it’s just a question of when. Made a BB change last night, it was on the calendar this morning. A enormous improvement over gCalSync.

LDCMobile
December 14th, 2007 at 2:35 pm

Does this still work if you have wireless sync with a BES option?

BlackBerry Cool Podcast: Episode 11 | BlackBerry Cool
December 14th, 2007 at 3:53 pm

[…] brings in the week’s news, including the new Google Sync, Michigan’s brand spanking new BlackBerry store, RIM at CES and more. Take a listen! (10 […]

How I setup tools and gadgets to organize life | Tech Interest
January 30th, 2008 at 7:24 am

[…] Until recently I used pocketmac on both macs to sync the same data to the blackberry’s, but Google  released Google Sync for blackberry only a few weeks ago which does the job […]