Josep just pointed us to a way of updating your Facebook status message through your BlackBerry’s GTalk client. Now, why you wouldn’t just get the Facebook application is beyond me, but maybe you spend a lot of time on GTalk and not much on Facebook. I don’t know. Anyway, FON Labs is behind this, and seem to have a few cool projects under their belt.
1. Add email@example.com to your Gtalk contact list
2. Type help in the chat window to receive instructions
3. Get your identification code clicking on the link in the message
4. Type “identify facebook code” in the chat window
5. Type your status message in the chat window
6. Click on the link to authorize the application to update your Facebook status in the future (this will be asked you just the first time).