12 GB microSD card due March 10th

The next iteration of BlackBerry-compatible memory cards that was peeped back at CES, is due to hit shelves shortly for a cool $179.00. It’ll be coming with the same USB adapter as the 8 GB card, as well as the SD card adapter. It’s a solid step up in both capacity and pricetag, but more importantly the memory card expands the BlackBerry’s multimedia capabilities. At 12 GB, it’s not out of the question to get several full-length movies loaded up on your BlackBerry.

Posted by Simon Sage in News

steve
February 20th, 2008 at 4:43 pm

Wtf!! Our bb can only handle 4 gigs anyway. Might as well b a 100 gig. Pos capacity

Bla1ze
February 20th, 2008 at 7:10 pm

12GB is quite excessive really, I dunno who would use that much, even with all the TV shows and movies and music I have on my device I only use a 4GB card…but to each his own, if 12GB is needed or wanted…enjoy! lol

Rrryan
February 20th, 2008 at 11:17 pm

I’d read speculation that the 4.5 OS might support >4GB MicroSD cards, but I think 12GB support seems unlikely. For all intensive purposes it’s just unusable excess capacity.

SKhan
February 21st, 2008 at 7:35 am

I would love it buy this card if it works with my BlackBerry 8300. 12GB is quite big and will be very handy to carry data in my device!!

anon
February 22nd, 2008 at 12:13 am

my Sprint 8130 (pearl2) supports the 8gb I have right now just fine. I’ll buy the 12 gb card the day it’s available - then my BlackBerry will have more space than my 8gb ipod touch

Red
March 5th, 2008 at 2:58 pm

Well the 8310 BB curve is capable up to a 32 gb micro sd card so you must have an older one.

George
March 20th, 2008 at 9:12 am

Really, 12GB is not all that much, I’ve got about 40GB of music and 90GB of videos (wich could in essence be reencoded for the blackberry screen, but still would surpass the 12GB mark).