A bit of a slower week newswise, though still plenty of interesting Bold-related stuff, including upcoming AT&T availability, OS 4.6 browser speeds, as well as some fresh pricing info on the BlackBerry 8220 and some more confusion on the BlackBerry 9500′s naming scheme. This is Simon’s last podcast on BBCool, so you better soak it all in.
Listen to the BlackBerry Cool Podcast: Episode 39
- Golden Shellback, the future of the waterproof BlackBerrys (audio): Waterproofing services may be here as early as the end of the year – just ship your BlackBerry to these guys and they’ll get it coated in their patented polymers.
- Updated: The Definitive BlackBerry Bold versus iPhone 3G Browser Comparison (video): Who wins in the epic struggle between Bold and iPhone? Well, you’ll just have to watch the video, won’t you?
- BlackBerry Bold due to hit AT&T September 12th. with $299 pricetag?: Americans waiting for the BlackBerry Bold are nearing a rumoured release date – excited enough for it?
- Australian BlackBerry Bold enterprise rollout delayed by software issues: Telstra’s slowing down its enterprise Bold rollout until a software upgrade due in September.
- Rogers BlackBerry 8220 priced at $149.99: $149.99 on a three-year plan isn’t quite what we were expecting, what with all that talk about a $50 Kickstart…
- The BlackBerry Thunder is the Storm 9530 (and the Thunder?): A leaked image of the box design confirms that the first touchscreen BlackBerry will be called the BlackBerry Storm 9350. The device will also appear on Rogers and Vodafone with the traditional Thunder namesake.
- BlackBerry Connect coming to India: Now plenty of Nokia customers on BPL can get in on the tasty, tasty, BlackBerry services.
- Wi-Fi Curve, Pearl come to South Africa: The BlackBerry 8320 and BlackBerry 8120 hit up MTN to join their GPS-flavoured buddies.