Vlingo 1.1 for BlackBerry Pros and Cons
– Great tutorials and setup make it easy to use.
– Works as advertised: Vlingo really will learn from you over time.
– Allows you to use your BlackBerry in ways you hadn’t before or at least faster than you had before.
– It’s free!
– 1.1 additions: you can reply, reply all and forward messages with Vlingo; punctuation and automatic capitalization have now been added; additional connection options (BIS, BES, Direct TCP) make things faster.
– Mileage may vary: while Vlingo learned some BBCool staffers’ speech patterns quite quickly, for me it took a bit longer (I mumble). Don’t give up!
– Vlingo has a hard time with names (read: Balsillie, Jim). Sometimes it’s best to compose the message and add the contact by hand.
– You cannot reply or forward messages via voice command, but must instead use a menu option within messenger.
– You cannot compose an sms or email for multiple people.
– You can send messages via your default mail account only.
– No BlackBerry Messenger support.
– No SureType support.
– Doesn’t quite work on the BlackBerry Bold. Of course, Vlingo doesn’t officially support OS 4.6 yet, but I’m greedy.
– No Bluetooth headset support.