A recent survey of US consumers by Ad-Ology research shows that wireless blogs like BlackBerry Cool have far more power over what device you’ll buy than ever before. 60% of those surveyed stated that their mobile phone purchase had been influenced by online product reviews and user comments, while 30% said that blogs have the same level of influence.
“This is the modern day version of ‘word-of-mouth’ advertising,” said C. Lee Smith, president and CEO of Ad-ology Research. “Advertisers have always known the immense value of positive ‘word-of-mouth’. Now consumers have a whole world of opinions and reviews available online, and this survey shows how much they value that kind of information.”
Of course, with great power comes great responsibility. BlackBerry Cool promises to always give you the straight goods on which BlackBerry you should purchase. Post a comment and let us know which factors influence your purchasing decisions and whom you trust the most.
Other Key Mobile Purchase Survey Findings:
* Consumers who rated online blogs and reviews highly tend to be younger (18 to 34 years old) and have average or higher than average incomes.
* Television, newspapers, and direct mail advertisements were among the most influential traditional media for recent mobile phone buyers.
* 26.3 percent of consumers surveyed indicated they prefer to purchase mobile/wireless phones online instead of in person/at a store.
* Survey respondents also revealed product reviews, user comments, and blogs significantly influenced other consumer electronics purchases.
* The price of a cell phone was widely considered to be a less important buying factor than rate plans, coverage area, and mobile phone product quality.