In timely response to Nan’s first Power User editorial, Orangatame Software has released an update to TwitterBerry, their popular free Twitter app for BlackBerry. The two most important improvements are LED alerts and the ability to refresh timelines while not on the home screen; you can see a list of further improvements after the jump. We’d write up a quick review of the new TwitterBerry, but our friend Al Sacco beat us to it!
OTA install link:
TwitterBerry 0.7 Beta feature updates
* Polling support, accessible from the Options menu (I couldn’t find any Options menu…)
* Cache more tweets. Caching up to 200 of the latest tweets in your friends timeline, replies timeline, and direct messages.
* Reload timelines from the screen, without opening and closing
* Improved network requests, only loading new tweets since last request
* Multiple bug fixes
* TwitPic support. Look for the ‘Send to TwitPic’ menu in the Media application when viewing images. (I also didn’t see any such menu option in my BlackBerry Media app…)