The lovely Sandy over at WorldMate reminded me yesterday of some news sitting in my inbox that you should all know about. WorldMate Live has just celebrated its one year anniversary and is in the mood for celebrating! If you didn’t know, WorldMate Live is an application that specializes in mobile travel services for the frequent flyer and road warrior, providing them with crucial and timely information. The super fun video above (probably one of the most endearing BlackBerry product demos I’ve ever seen) shows why this type of information can be so important.
In addition to a new look and feel, the one year anniversary of WorldMate Live also brings some new feature upgrades. Both the Web and mobile versions have seen a functionality bump, including a new home screen featuring a contextual dashboard based on users’ travel behavior, and a “carousel” display and navigation of all WorldMate Live’s services (you can see a full list of improvements as well as some screenshots after the jump).
BUT THAT’S NOT ALL! WorldMate is also offering their Gold Service at a 25% discount for a limited time! Simply head to https://www.worldmatelive.com/ and use the promo code: specialwml. Oh, and make sure to tell them BlackBerry Cool sent you.
WorldMate Live Features
– Hotel booking — allows users to make reservations on-the-go based on their precise location and personal preferences; partnership with Hotels.com enables secure transactions directly on the mobile device.
– Itinerary manager — automatically creates, organizes, syncs and makes it easy to share travel details on the Web and mobile device; eliminates paper printouts of flight, hotel and ground transportation reservations, as well as meetings and appointments.
– Contextually relevant tools and resources — one-click access to real-time flight status; maps and directions to hotel, meetings and airport; and weather forecasts, allowing members to easily prepare for and access information about their travel.
– Real-time “push” notifications — enables members to become instantly aware of and respond to changes in their travel plans, including flight delays and cancellations.
Here’s what Gold subscribers get:
– Automatic flight alerts for over 175 airlines and instant access to alternate flights;
– Real-time flight status with departure and arrival gate information;
– Flight schedules for more than 95% of the world’s commercial flights;
– Satellite weather imagery (Windows Mobile only);
– Comprehensive travel directory (BlackBerry only); and,
– Customer Service via email.