For a device that should be released any day now on Rogers, the BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220 sure does have a lot of price points floating around. The accidental Pearl Flip promotion published around CTIA by Rogers indicated $150 on a three-year contract, while MobileInCanada got their hands on a Rogers Christmas promotion which shows a $50 price point, something that we told you about waaay back in August.
Now, our boy Troy at BlackBerry News has some screen captures of the inventory system at Future Shop showing the Rogers BlackBerry Pearl at a $50 price point and $350 unsubsidized (no contract or upgrade price point). If the Rogers BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220 doesn’t launch at $50, BlackBerry Cool recommends holding off a few weeks until it hits that magic $50 number.
BlackBerry Pearl 8220 Specs
* Clamshell / flip phone form factor
* Quad-band radios: GSM/GPRS/EDGE (no 3G)
* 240 x 320 internal LCD (think Curve/8800 display flipped to portrait)
* 160 x 128 external display
* 2 megapixel camera
* 3.5mm headset jack
* externally accessible microSD card slot
* OS version 4.6
* “Next Gen” SureType keyboard
* 8220 will feature WiFi; 8210 will feature GPS