Our good friends over at BeamBerry (BlackBerry Cool 15 presenters and recipients of an offer sheet from the BlackBerry Partners Fund) just sent us a note to let you know they’ve updated their BeamReader PDF Reader beta. BeamReader beta 2 offers significant improvements in rendering speeds, bug fixes found during beta 1 and a bunch of new features that turn BeamReader into more of a document and file management solution. You can read about the new features after the jump, or download BeamReader for yourself via the links below!
- * Fully featured intuitive BeamReader File Manager that enables you to conveniently access and manage all of the files stores on your memory card / device memory from a single application.
* Native support for viewing of images (JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF). Supports thumbnail views for pictures.
* Support for viewing of MS Office documents from the BeamReader File Manger (opened with Documents to Go that comes pre-installed with BlackBerry OS 4.5 and higher).
* Support for playing Audio and Video Files from the BeamReader File Manger (opened with BlackBerry default media player).
* Ability to attach stored files to new e-mails from the BeamReader File Manager (requires OS 4.5 or higher). Supports convenient multi-selection of files.
* Ability to copy, paste, rename, create new files and folders, etc,. Supports convenient multi-selection of files.
* Ability to create new MS Office Documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) for subsequent editing with Documents to Go (comes pre-installed with BlackBerry OS 4.5 and higher).
* Support for bookmarks.
* Keyboard shortcuts for easy document navigation
* Support for password protected PDFs.