UPDATE: I’ve just successfully downloaded OS 220.127.116.11 using Verizon’s desktop download link. It now appears as though the OTA update will happen at 9:30 pm PST. Keep your fingers crossed or run to the nearest PC.
Forget the email notification Verizon sent out earlier this week, word is spreading fast around the Internets that Verizon is set for a massive official OS 4.7 update for the BlackBerry Storm. Here’s what we ‘know’ so far:
Verizon should be rolling out an OTA update around 12 noon (EST or PST? Good question.) PLEASE NOTE that an OTA upgrade will only work for BIS users as this feature is not BES supported.
Around 6pm, Verizon will have a desktop download of the 4.7 OS available at: http://www.vzam.net/blackberry/
Our boy Kevin has nabbed some “official sounding verbiage” regarding issues that the OS update will clean up on the Verizon BlackBerry Storm. You can find that info after the jump. The Storm Hunt continues!
The following issues have been addressed in OS 4.7
* Device may reset intermittently while sitting idle or when using multimedia applications
* User may experience one-way audio (incoming audio is muted) when using voice activated dialing
* When listening to music on low volume while wearing wired headphones, the volume of the music will increase to the highest level when the user receives an incoming call
* Improvements in display performance in terms of switching between landscape and portrait modes and keys displaying correctly
* Improvements in performance for multimedia capabilities such as video, music and MMS
* Improvements in bluetooth audio performance in certain scenarios