In our second BlackBerry launch post of the day, we jet from the United Kingdom to the Kingdom of Norway. Coming straight out of Oslo, Trigcom and RIM have officially announced the launch of the BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220.
“Trigom is pleased to offer the BlackBerry Pearl Flip in Norway, so all devoted clamshell users can benefit from the powerful BlackBerry smartphone experience that combines phone, email and messaging, multimedia and web access with the support of thousands of other mobile applications,” says Rachael Babcock, CTO at Trigcom.
Trigcom is selling the BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220 for what looks to be 5,198 krones (Norwegian readers please help me out with this) on a 12 month contract. You can find full BlackBerry 8220 device specs after the jump and purchasing info at the link below.
BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220 Key Features
* First BlackBerry smartphone to come in the popular flip design
* Built-in Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g) supporting extended data coverage and fast Web browsing
* Enhanced SureType® keyboard for easy text entry and phone dialing
* Support for text messaging, picture messaging, popular instant messaging services, personal e-mail (access up to 10 supported e-mail accounts), and corporate e-mail
* 2 megapixel camera with digital zoom, built-in flash and video recording
* Advanced media player for music, video and pictures with full-screen video playback
* Stereo Bluetooth® support (A2DP/AVRCP) and 3.5mm stereo headset jack
* Media management software including the new BlackBerry® Media Sync application making it quick and easy to sync iTunes digital music onto the handset ***
* Enhanced HTML browser for high-performance browsing with desktop-style depiction
* Internal QVGA 2.4-inch diagonal display, 320 x 240 pixels and supports 65,000 colors
* 256 MB microSD card included
* Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE/Wi-Fi network support including support for international roaming
* Dimensions: 3.9” x 1.96” x 0.68”
* Weight (including removable battery): 3.6 oz