Ever wanted to tether your Linux notebook to your BlackBerry? Me neither, but I have wanted to tether my MacBook to my BlackBerry, and considering the difficulties getting that done, I can sympathize with an even more marginalized demographic.
Interested Linux users will need to download Barry, an open source application that not only allows you to tether your BlackBerry to your Linux notebook, but also provides synchronization, backup and restore and program management options. Here’s a full list of Barry’s services:
* charge your Blackberry’s battery from your USB port
* retrieve Address Book, Email, Calendar, Service Book, Memos, Tasks, PIN Messages, Saved Email, and Folders
* export Address Book contacts in text or LDAP LDIF format
* make full data backups and restores of your device using a GUI
* synchronize contacts and calendar items using the OpenSync framework
* use the Blackberry as a modem
To download Barry and find instructions on how to get started, click the link below.