Bouygues Telecom and Research In Motion today launched the BlackBerry Curve 8900 smartphone in France. The new BlackBerry Curve 8900 has an expansive feature set that keeps users easily connected with their office, friends and family. In addition to being an exceptional phone with powerful email, messaging, organizer, web browser and multimedia applications, the new BlackBerry Curve 8900 also features built-in Wi-Fi®, GPS, a fast processor (512Mhz) and a dazzling hi-resolution display, enabling customers to remain connected, productive and entertained while on the move.
Prices start from €149 including taxes (with a minimum 12 month subscription) on a Forfait Pro or Neo.2 three-hours or more voice plan. To mark its launch, between 26 January 2009 and 22 February 2009, customers will be able to purchase the new BlackBerry Curve 8900 for €79 including taxes (sales price of €129 in store with a €50 discount).
The BlackBerry Curve 8900 is available for corporate clients from €179 excluding taxes (with a 24 month minimum subscription). Details available at http://www.enterprises.bouyguestelecom.fr. To mark its launch, between 26 January 2009 and 31 March 2009, corporate customers will be able to purchase the new BlackBerry Curve 8900 for €59 including taxes (sales price of €109 in store with a €50 discount) in conjunction with the Neo Mail Entreprises data plan.
Integrated GPS in the BlackBerry Curve 8900 smartphone allows Bouygues Telecom customers to benefit from satellite navigation – consumers can connect to the unlimited service from Maporama* and corporate customers can use the Webraska navigation service from Masternaute. The Webraska service offered by Bouygues Telecom automatically updates maps with points of interest (hotels, restaurants, car parks, service station, etc.) to offer real time guidance and radar alerts for metropolitan France.
With its sleek design, the BlackBerry Curve 8900 smartphone comes with a full AZERTY keyboard and an intuitive trackball navigation system. Its full-featured media player supports media streaming to play your favorite songs and videos. Its new 3.2 megapixel camera includes auto focus, image stabilization, digital zoom and flash, so you can take sharp, print-quality pictures to capture the moment and easily send them to a friend or post them on the Internet. The microSD/SDHC expandable memory slot supports up to 16GB per card, giving users plenty of storage that is easily interchangeable.
Weighing just 110 grams and measuring 109 x 60 x 13.5 millimeters, the BlackBerry Curve 8900 smartphone integrates a large, striking 2.4 inch HVGA+ display (480×360 resolution) that projects vivid color and makes reading information easy and viewing pictures and video extremely enjoyable.
BlackBerry Curve 8900 Features
* Preloaded DataViz® Documents to Go®, allowing users to edit Microsoft® Word, Excel and PowerPoint files directly on the handset
* Video recording**
* A 3.5 mm stereo headset jack and dedicated volume controls
* Quadband for global connectivity (GSM/GPRS/EDGE on 850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
* 1400 mAHr removable/rechargeable battery with 5.5 hours of talk time and 356 hours of standby time
* BlackBerry® Media Sync, giving users a simple way to sync iTunes® digital music collections with the smartphone***
* Instant messaging with BlackBerry® Messenger, Google® Talk, Windows Live Messenger™ and Yahoo! ® Messenger
* Premium phone features such as voice activated dialing, enhanced background noise cancellation, a low-distortion speakerphone, and Bluetooth® (2.0) with support for hands-free use with headsets, car kits, stereo headsets (A2DP/AVRCP) and other Bluetooth peripherals
* BlackBerry® Internet Service support that allows access to up to 10 supported personal and corporate email accounts, including most popular ISP email accounts
* BlackBerry® Enterprise Server support, providing advanced security and IT controls for enterprise deployments