Hacking the Matrix on a Curve. Photo courtesy of Nan Palmero.
Have you painstakingly created Autotext entries, only to have them wiped after converting to a BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES)? Nan Palmero has been Tweeting a how to he’s come across which I’d like to help share with the community. Here is how you restore your Autotext entries:
- 1. Go to Settings/Options and select Enterprise Activation (or Advanced Options then Enterprise Activation).
- 2. Hold in the ALT key and type CNFG (multi-tap it on a 7100 device, so CNFFG).
- 3. Change Wireless Sync to “No” and save.
- 4. Restore the data.
- 5. Repeat step 2.
- 6. Change Wireless Sync to “Yes.”
- 7. Let it redo an Enterprise Activation (automatic – just back out to the home screen).
Also, follow Nan on Twitter: twitter.com/nanpalmero