Unlocking your device via the carrier is the easiest way to unlock a BlackBerry. If you want to unlock a device that your carrier will not unlock, you have to find a site that will do it for you. These sites sometimes lose customers because it involves giving out your IMEI number, and although it’s a safe process, people are wary. That being said, here is a step by step guide to getting your device unlocked, the safe and hassle free way:
1. Call your carrier.
2. Ask for the MEP code.
3. Give them your IMEI number.
4. To get your IMEI number, type this on your phone, *#06#, and it should pop up.
5. Once you get your MEP code, turn off your wireless radio on your phone.
6. Go to SETTING or OPTIONS.
7. Then go to ADVANCE OPTIONS.
8. Then go to SIM CARD.
9. Type “MEPD” on your phone.
10. You should see “Network as Active”
11. Hold SHIFT + type “MEPE” or “MEP2″
12. You should see “Network as Disabled”
13. You are now the proud owner of an unlocked Blackberry