Everyone knows what a Podcast is right? It’s basically your own private radio show and it has a social component very much in the same way blogs do. Podcatcher is a download manager and player of Podcasts. A good Podcatcher should be totally transparent, and once you’ve subscribed to your Podcasts it should be automatically downloading new episodes in the background. This is what PodTrapper aims to provide for Blackberry.
Podtrapper will allow you to consolidate your podcast listening down to a single device. RIM is working hard to provide a good media experience on Blackberrys (I hope), but a solution for Podcasts was forcing me to carry around both my phone and my media player. Now, with PodTrapper, I get to leave the media player at home.
* Automatic downloading of new episodes via Wifi (and soon via desktop app)
* Automatic downloading of new episodes via Cell network (On most carriers)
* Downloads via desktop application for those without Wifi or with difficult carriers
* Keeps track of last played podcast
* Remembers where you left off in every episode
* Reliable pause and resume of downloads when connectivity changes
* Built in keylock to allow for control of audio in your pocket
Download this app OTA here.
Download the prerelease OTA here.
Again, please comment if you’ve tried this out. The community will appreciate your comments!