Bla1ze does a great job of staying on top of app updates. Today, we got tipped off about an update to Yatca (Yet Another Twitter Client App). The latest version, 1.2.1, has a fairly lengthy list of changes so you may want to try it out even if you weren’t totally happy with the last version.
Get the latest version of Yatca here.
The changelog for Yatca is as follows, Storms owners ensure you read the last one:
* In many corporate environments, BES is used only to provide e-mail delivery, and Internet access is provided using BIS or the carrier network. Yatca can now support this scenario thanks to a new setting on the Options screen. By default Yatca will continue to connect to Twitter through the BES and only users who experience connection problems should change this setting.
* Curve 8900 users should now be able to take and upload photos!
* Users on all devices should notice an improvement in the quality of uploaded photos.
* In previous versions, Yatca would always refresh the timeline on starting, even if the auto-refresh setting was ‘None’. This has now been fixed.
* Some of the commands have been renamed to be more meaningful, e.g. the ‘Yatca Update Status’ command is now the ‘Update Twitter Status’ command.
* In response to a very common request, the ‘Update Twitter Status’ command is now available from all the system applications. So it is no longer necessary to open the Messages application to tweet!
* Feedback from Storm users suggests that Yatca works better on the Storm when compatibility mode is disabled. So I have added a couple of attributes to the OTA download file to force the Storm to run Yatca in this way. N.B. These attributes are only detected if you uninstall the previous version of Yatca and then do a clean install of the new version – upgrading will not suffice.