At WES 2009, some of the guys behind the BlackBerry community were asked to present their thoughts on where BlackBerry is going in the next 3 years.
Five of the top BlackBerry Bloggers make their Top 3 BlackBerry Futures predictions at the BoxTone Annual User Conference 2009 co-located with WES 2009 in Orlando, FL on 5-May-09. Hear the great predictions from Al Sacco of CIO.com/MobileWorkHorse, Kyle McInnes of BlackBerryCool.com, Simon Sage of IntoMobile.com, Howie Rapapport of Port3101.org, and Kevin Michaluk of CrackBerry.com.
1. BlackBerry hardware will become more robust.
2. More BlackBerry device management.
3. Improvement of the BlackBerry user experience.
1. Increase in smartphone adoption and lower-end BlackBerry devices.
2. Greater enterprise functionality.
3. Globalization of BlackBerry devices and new foreign markets.
1. Mass adoption of BlackBerry-based LBS apps.
2. Pay as you go BlackBerry plans.
3 A slider BlackBerry device.
1. Availability – the ability to properly monitor and scale your environment.
2. Compliance – knowing which apps have been deployed and controlling this system.
3. Convergence – the device will replace your laptop to be your mobile office.
1. BlackBerry hardware will become faster and more intelligent.
2. RIM eats Palm (potential buyout?)
3. Smartphones, and BlackBerry, will remain a powerful industry.