Leaked pictures of the BlackBerry Storm 2, aka the BlackBerry Odin, have surfaced on CB, and have since been taken down. The device is looking really nice. With the flurry of complaints surrounding the released BlackBerry Storm, many users are worried the BlackBerry Storm 2 will be the phone they wished they’d originally purchased. This is very much going to be the case.
This leak is both bad and good news for RIM. The leak confirms a new BlackBerry Storm is on way, which will help generate a buzz until launch date, but it will also have a negative impact on the already launched BlackBerry Storm sales.
The upcoming BlackBerry Odin is rumored to feature GPS, WiFi and work on a GSM network. Rumors have claimed that the device offers a “new approach to text entry,” but from the pictures we aren’t seeing anything revolutionary.
Here is a quick breakdown of what we may or may not know about the BlackBerry Storm 2:
- The buttons seem to be a big improvement.
- Buttons are located on the touchscreen and not physical.
- Buttons will be less susceptible to damage.
- Side buttons seem to be rubber rather than plastic.
- Device looks thinner.
- Will likely still have SurePress.
- They’ve might have added multiple contact points (physical buttons) underneath instead of relying on one big button in the center.
[Some unconfirmed details via Engadget]